MiTubo is an application for playback or download of media content from video streaming websites, such as Vimeo and YouTube.
MiTubo is available as a desktop application for Linux and Windows (a macOS version is in the works, follow the blog to be alerted when it comes out!) and as a mobile application for the fantastic Ubuntu Touch operating system.
- Playback video from exact URL
- Search video
- Yandex search
- Invidious search for YouTube videos
- Organize videos into playlists
- Subscribe to RSS video feeds
- Follow YouTube channels
- Download media
- Allow restricting to only audio or video
- Selection of quality
- Drag URLs during playback to enqueue them in the “Watch later” list
In no particular order:
Here are the latest releases of MiTubo, the most recent ones are at the top:
NOTE: For Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives there's a daily PPA.
- Version 1.4 (2022-10-10): Linux (AppImage) — macOS — Windows
- Version 1.3 (2022-09-10): Linux (AppImage) — Windows
- Version 1.2 (2022-06-22): Linux (AppImage) — macOS — Windows
- Version 1.1 (2022-06-05): Linux (AppImage) — Windows
- Version 1.0 (2022-05-21): Linux (AppImage) — Windows
- Version 0.9 (2022-05-08): Linux (AppImage) — Windows
There are several ways in which you can help this project, including:
- Testing and reporting bugs and even requesting new features (while new feature requests don't directly help developing the project, they act as a strong sign of support and interest).
- Code contributions: MiTubo is licensed under the GPL 3.0 license, and you must be willing to grant me the option to relicense your work under any existing or future license published by the Free Software Foundation.
- Translations: to be honest, the project is not yet fully ready for translations, but it's something I will be addressing soon. ☺
- Donations: I'm developing MiTubo in my free time and for my own needs, but if you want to keep me motivated this is certainly an excellent way to do that!