Hi all :-) While looking for a new job, I couldn't keep my hands off the keyboard, so I've started a little project: an application to upload your photos to multiple online services at once (like 500px, flickr, facebook, etc.).
The functionality I plan to implement:
- Drag & drop photos from the file manager (or other applications)
- Select the services/sites where to upload the images to
- Optionally scale the images
- Decide what to do with metadata (title, description, tags, geolocation, people): keep / remove / edit
- Optionally select a watermark and position it (allowing different positions for each image)
- Add any site-specific options for each of the selected services
- Start the upload, show progress indicator
- Show clickable links to the uploaded photos for each service, so you can quickly go there and share/edit etc.
- The application would work on Linux, OS X and Windows.
My questions for you:
- Would you use such a program?
- Are there some more features which you see missing here and would need to be added?
- What do you currently use to publish your photos online?
- To how many public websites do you usually upload your photos to?
Please comment :-)